After 1990, ICSI Rm. Valcea created and developed a micro-production sector whose main objective is producing and bottling pure gases as well as gas mixtures for various branches of economy, supporting several research and development activities.
In order to store basic raw materials (liquid argon, liquid carbon dioxide and liquid nitrogen), the Institute has high-capacity cryogenic storage facilities for other gases (eg hydrogen, helium, methane gas, oxygen) and pressurized cylinders and batteries. We are concerned with continuously ensuring the quality of our products and services; in this regard, ICSI Rm. Valcea also implements the quality assurance and management system according to SR EN ISO 9001: 2008, including SR EN ISO 17025: 2005 for certification tests of the quality of the gas/gas mixture delivered.
Among our main products, we mention the following:
- gases and gas mixtures used in welding processes: argon, argon + CO2; H2; O2; He
- gas mixtures used in extinguishing fire: argon + CO2 + N2 (INERGEN)
- gases and gas mixtures used in the food industry: N2; CO2; Ethylene N2 +
- pure gases used for analytical purposes: argon, spectral argon, helium, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, etc.
In addition, ICSI Rm. Valcea offers a number of services specific to this sector, namely:
- Periodical technical inspection and cylinders repairs (up to 150 liters and working pressure up to 300 bar) for compressed and liquefied gases in its authorized ISCIR workshop
- cleaning cylinders using vacuum
- gases and gas mixture analysis
- inerting machinery for the chemical and petrochemical industry
- leak testing with helium on machinery and equipment
- high vacuum deployment in enclosed areas and mantles of machinery for transport and storage of cryogenic liquids
|Name of Test||Type of Sample|
|Determination of CO2, O2, N2, H2, CH4, CO, Ar, He Concentrations in Various Gas Mixtures||Gas Mixtures|
|Mass Spectrometry Tests|
|Quantitative Determination of Traces/Impurities (N2, CO2, O2, CH4, H2O) in Gases||Gas Mixtures|
|Non-Dispersive Infrared Analysis Tests|
|Automatic Determination of Gas Concentrations (O2, CO2, CO, SO2, NO, NOx)||Gas Mixtures|